Do you want something that is quick to make,”10 minutes” taste yummy and is packed with nutritional goodies?
This is one of my favorite recipes, it is very easy to make and everyone loves it.
I made it this week for the ladies at ABBBC Sunshine Coast, it was a huge hit.
Ingredients for 2
1 x 250g Jens Noodles ½ onion sliced ½ red capsicum ½ green capsicum
¼ cup Sesame Seeds
½ bunch kale, thinly shredded 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
½ tbsp Coconut Aminos, Tamari or brags aminos
A few sprinkles of Chinese Five Spice
How a look at why you want to add these nutritional foods.
Why Sesame seeds? These tiny little seeds are high in protein, fiber, vitamin B-complex, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, zinc and manganese. Sesame are also especially high in mono-unsaturated fatty acid, oleic acid.
Why Kale? Kale is delicious, versatile, and incredibly nutritious. Kale contains beta-carotene and the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin—which are associated with eye health—as well as potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, iron, and calcium. Plus, you get 2 grams of protein in a serving.
Why capsicum? Capsicum increases the metabolism, it is an important source of vitamin A and vitamin C, more vitamin than an orange. These two vitamins are powerful antioxidants.
Why Coconut amino? Coconut Amino Sauce is a deliciously healthy alternative to Soy Sauce, with 30% less Sodium and 17 important naturally occurring Amino Acids.
- Turn on the music.
- Prepare Jen noodles as the packet directions, and allow them to drain
- Heat up a non stick pan, dry roast the sesame seeds until light brown, then set them aside.
- In the hot non-stick pan, pop in the noodles, dry fry until most of the water evaporates, just a few minutes, add the coconut amino and the five spices, then set them aside.
(I don’t always do this, I found for this recipe it gives them a pleasant taste.)
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and sauté the onions.
- Pop the noodles back into the pan.
- Then add the shredded kale and capsicums.
- With your tongs, toss for a few minutes so that they blend evenly until the kale has softened, usually 4-5 minutes.
- Add roasted sesame seeds turn off the heat and stir them in.
- Serve with love and eat with awareness.
I add Chicken to mine in the photo, you can add any other protein that you desire.