The Yummiest Pesto EVER! (It has Warning Label)
Raw Kale Pesto with Jens Noodles
- 1 pkt 250g Jens Noodles Angel Hair
- ¼- ½ cup chopped walnuts (activated and organic is best)
- ½ teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, (organic is best)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Ground black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Why Kale? OMG where do I start ? It is well-known that leafy green vegetables are extremely nutritious and jam-packed with a wide array of vitamins. Energetically speaking, leafy greens contain a high concentration of chlorophyll, the “life-blood” of our planet…and Kale is the king of them! It’s never surprising to see studies on diet and disease that say “vegetables—especially green leafy vegetables—are associated with a lower risk of…” as they have a high concentration of Vitamins A, C and K, folate, potassium, magnesium, iron, lutein and phytochemicals. Phytochemicals are components of fruits or vegetables that may help to prevent disease, and perhaps even help to treat some disorders. Kale goes a step further and is also an incredible source of calcium, folic acid, vitamin B6, manganese, and potassium. For a green, Kale is unusually high in fiber and in many ways is a true superfood, and certainly one of the most nutritious foods known to man!
Why Activated Walnuts ?
Activated nuts are Soaked Raw Nuts: Submerge them in filtered water for about eight hours then rinse them thoroughly before eating them, Benefits include increased enzyme activity, greater absorption of the food’s nutrients by the body and increased digestibility helps to increase the protein content, removes harmful tannic acids.. helps makes the nuts softer, more buttery nut.
Walnuts are packed with tryptophan, an amino acid your body needs to create the feel-great chemical serotonin; they are one of the best source of protein. They are rich in Fiber, B Vitamins, magnesium and antioxidants like vitamin E. Particularly, they are a rich source of phytochemical substances like melatonin, Ellagic acid, carotenoids etc. They have positive health effects against cancer, aging, inflammation and different neurological disorders. They are also rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fiber. These vital nutrients help to reduce the risk of heart disease and other neurological disorders.
- Turn on the music
- Wash the kale and soak, about 5 minutes.
- Prepare Jen’s Noodles, Rinse and allow them to dry.
- In a blender or food processor, add garlic, walnuts and
- Add the squeezed and drained kale.
- Whiz until well combined, pour in oil in a steady stream, and pulse until combined.
- Add salt, lemon, pulse, have a taste.
- Then add the cheese and peppers, another quick pulse, have another taste.
- Spoon about 1-2 tablespoon of kale pesto over Jens Noodles mix well.
- Serve with love and eat with awareness.