Over the last few weeks we have discussed the four main factors that cause cravings. The physiological, Psychological, Emotional and Lifestyle. We also had a look at the ways we can attempt to overcome these factors. We know that food cravings has nothings to do with willpower and that cravings is not hunger.
One of my tips as to avoid refined foods, especially sugar. There are certain foods like refined carbohydrate that can take your blood sugar levels up and down again quickly, stimulating your cravings, and in turn cause the body to gain weight, fatigue and hormone imbalance. Which in the long term can cause depression, anxiety. This run havoc on your immune system stifles your vitality and overall health.
We talked about eating a well balance diet.This week I want to share with you my 10 Top Foods that helped me curb my cravings and addrees them before that got out of control.
- Protein.Include protein, in every meal. High protein foods will also keep you feeling satisfied longer and therefore help you eat less throughout the day, a meal with carbs alone causes blood sugar spikes and crashes. This leaves you feeling tired, hungry, and craving more which means you’ll eat a lot more and gain more weight.
- Water. Water can be a powerful appetite suppressant. When you get dehydrated you will get very hungry because your body will increase your hunger pangs in an attempt to get more water to re-hydrate itself so make sure you’re drinking enough water to prevent hunger and cravings. Another great tip is to drink about ½ litre of water before your meals this helps you feel fuller quicker, so you’ll eat less if you drink a glass when you first start feeling hunger.
- Avocado. “Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients. They taste absolutely delicious and are extremely versatile The healthy monounsaturated fats found in avocados, along with the fiber, make them a wonderful food to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Nuts, Seeds and Nut Butters. Not only are nuts extremely nutritious, but like the avocado the healthy fats they contain help to stave off hunger.
- Cacao. They contain an amazing amount of CHROMIUM, more than ANY other food!) Chromium aids in weight loss (because it helps metabolism and reduces food cravings)
- Seaweed. Spirulina is a blue green algae, known to produce a feeling of fullness and reduce the craving for sweets and carbohydrates, taken 30 minutes before a meal it can noticeably reduce the appetite. It contains 65% – 75% easily digestible protein and a rich source of vitamins, minerals including tyrosine. Seaweeds pack a lot of nutrients into a very small volume of food – since algae contains 1,000 times more nutrition than anything else in the world.
- Jens Noodles; High in the super fibre GM , they fill you up with out any calories, slow down the release of glucose, keeps you from being hungry.
- Berries; Blueberries are packed with flavor and fibre. For added snacking satisfaction, combine them with nuts to conquer both sweet and savoury cravings with one blow. Raspberry; Ketone ketone is the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. This compound regulates adiponectin, a protein used by the body to regulate metabolism. Raspberry ketone causes the fat within your cells to get broken up more effectively, helping your body burn fat faster. The recommended dose is 100mg per day. To get the same benefit from the whole fruit, you’d have to consume 90 pounds of raspberries.
- Glutamine. Is an amino acid. Due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier, provides energy for the brain, reduces your sugar craving in less than 10 minutes. Food sources of glutamine include cabbage, beets, beef, chicken, fish, beans, and dairy products.
- Spice it up. Use Cinnamon, Coriander,, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom will naturally sweeten your foods and reduce cravings. Cinnamon is highly effective at helping to stabilize blood sugar levels. Cayenne – This hot spice not only heats up your dishes, it heats up your body and raises your metabolism, helping you burn fat faster.